Children's Referral

Children's Referral

Eligibility Criteria: Child / young person 0 to the end of their 17th year who is resident in Barnsley, who has experienced sexual abuse, where the abuse has been reported and / or investigated by the police / social care and where any criminal proceedings have concluded*. We also accept referrals for children / young people who have been impacted by sexual abuse.

Our children’s specialist therapeutic service is two-fold and comprises our Therapeutic Wellbeing Service and Therapy. At BSARCS we recognise that children and young people are not always immediately ready or in a stable enough environment to access therapy and process their trauma. Therefore, we offer therapeutic wellbeing support to those children and young people who’re unable to access specialist therapy at the time they’re referred. The information contained below is screened to identify appropriate referrals and which service best meets the child / young person’s needs.

*BSARCS provides a separate support service for children and young people who are currently involved in court proceedings.

* Denotes a required field

Referrer Details

Where possible, signed authority MUST be sought from child/ young person and/or parents/carers. As an organisation, we understand that this is not always practical, however, EXPLICIT CONSENT to the referral must ALWAYS be sought from the individual concerned.

Childs Details
Parent / Carer Details

Parental Responsibility

Referral Details

Police / Social care investigation

Child Support System
Assessments / Plans

If the child / young person currently subject to any assessments or plans?

e.g Child Protection Plan, CIN (Children in Need plan), EHA (Early Help Assessment), EHCP (Education, Health & Childcare Plan)

Is there a significant history of involvement from Social Care / Early Help services?


Does the child / young person have a stable home environment?

Are they engaging with education?

Do they have a positive peer group?

Do they any hobbies / attend any activities?


Does the child / young person misuse substances?

Is the child / young person being sexually or criminally exploited?

Have they ever gone missing?

Any self harm or suicidal thoughts or acts?

Sexually harmful behaviour?

Any violence towards adults or peers?

Any eating disorders?

Any parental risks? DV / substance misuse etc

Once you have submitted this form we will add you to our system and one of our team will be in touch soon.

RCEW Helpline 0808 802 9999 (women and girls)
Safeline 0808 800 5005 (men)
Samaritans 116 123

In an Emergency call 999